Ocular emergencies can happen anytime and without warning.
Here are some signs consistent with an ocular emergency:
- Sudden vision loss
- Ocular pain, such as squinting, pawing at the eye, or inability to open the eye
- Dramatic color change of the eye – increased redness and / or cloudiness
- Enlargement or swelling of the eye, eyelids or surrounding facial area
- Excessive tearing or eye discharge that is mucous-like and colored (green, yellow) or any bleeding from the eye
- Known or suspected eye trauma, with the development of any of the above signs
TrueCare for Pets
Studio City, CA
If your pet is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call your pet’s primary care veterinarian or the nearest veterinary emergency clinic.
Please contact AVCSC at 818-501-5155 if you feel your pet is having an ocular emergency.
The voicemail will prompt you to press “1” to consult with our veterinary ophthalmologist.